Sunday, August 26, 2007

For The Furry On The Go...



To add comment to an entry in a friend's blog; what the hell is up with commercials? As I sit here watching a horrible made for TV movie with undertones of racism, I am consistently interrupted in the middle of a scene that would only happen in the South with more ridiculous scenarios. The one that is pissing me off the most right now is from AirWick air freshener. (To be fair, ALL air freshener commercials are either disgusting or unrealistic) The family is animals, and the mom is a busy on the go soccer mom giraffe who is too busy to get the stink out of her house caused by her two teenage porcupine sons. I know this seems like a ridiculous rant, but who is the ass that thought this was a cute or funny scenario? Here's a similar commercial with a pretentious British bitch bunny who keeps a fresh smelling home despite the fact that she and her bump on a log smelly jock husband can't quit popping out little British bunnies all over the living room. NEAT! And, with a little reluctant searching, I found out there are also monkeys, elephants, raccoons (not to mention the ones with flies flying around a toilet) Why am I so annoyed by this, and why do I have to bitch about it? I'm not sure.

1 comment:

JJB said...

Best blog title ever and every blog worth its weight in air freshener stink has a random rant within the first five posts (mine was Applebee's), but I have to say Airwick is a much better place to direct scorn towards. Kudos!