Thursday, December 27, 2007

Ok, Thanks!

Well, it's been here and passed already. Christmas is over, and if you're anything like me, you're left shaking your head with a Christmas hangover wondering what the hell just happened. It's such a "joyful" time of year, and fun to prepare for, but it seems so fleeting you almost don't get a chance to really enjoy it.
My Christmas was very nice, and even though it was a whirlwind, it was at the same time relaxing. Christmas morning was the traditional opening of gifts at my parents house with my sister and her family. My parents, as usual went way overboard, but I ended up getting some really cool things. My "it" gift this year is a very cool progressive alarm clock from my parents. This clock, instead of the typical beeping alarm that makes you want to throw it through your bedroom wall, emits a soft light one half hour before your set time to wake up, and gradually gets brighter throughout the thirty minutes, simulating the sunrise. While this happens, it releases aromatherapy scents that you choose as well as softly plays one of six relaxing sounds, such as the ocean, a thunderstorm, nighttime crickets or a stream in the woods. This happens for 30 minutes before your set time to wake up, each of the sense stimulators gradually gets stronger throughout this time. I've tried it the past two mornings, and it's woken me up about 15 minutes before I wanted to get up. Which, under normal circumstances would piss me off like crazy, but it's such a relaxing and invigorating feeling. I am, however, a bit apprehensive to use it when I really have to get up for work next week. I'll keep you updated on it's effectiveness.
I hope everyone had an awesome holiday. What was everyone's "it" gift this year?

4 comments:

JJB said...

your alarm clock sounds amazing. i think i would love it. even though 15 minutes early sucks, it seems like you're the one waking up, somewhat on your own, rather than being jolted awake. very cool. my 'it' gift, best buy gift cards to buy a wireless printer. i haven't bought it yet, but that will be my big thing.

Cyclops said...

Haha, sounds like a really cool alarm clock, I can't wait to see it in action sometime! My "it" gifts would have to be a $10 Sheetz Z-card, (2) $20 Arch cards (I think you can understand why, haha) and Guitar Hero III from my brother.

Elisabeth said...

Very cool alarm clock, indeed! And, yes, keep us posted as to whether you use it or not on work days!
Did I get an "it" gift? Oh, yeah, small but fun, it is an avocado slicer. I am going to give it a try tonight, if Marty does not forget to buy an avocado on his way to my place.

KATI said...

check out my blog!!!

http://katidykie.blogspot.com/