Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm Back To Celebrate Earf Day!

A big and overdue apology to anyone who may have been bored enough in the past few weeks to drop by and hear what I had to say. I've been out of the blogging routine for a while, and am slowly getting back. It seems my life has been in a bit of a rut lately. Even a funk, you could say, of nothing to do and even less to say. (Not that I ever have much to say, really, but at least I usually have motivation to say it!) However, I only find it fitting to make my ceremonial rise from the ashes on Earth Day. (Yeah I'm not sure either).

How did I celebrate you ask? Well, I made sure to arrange for 4 big buses to drive an extra 40 miles out of their way today. No, really. But I did do my recycling today, AND I bought new pillows made entirely out of organic cotton and recycled plastic bottles. I originally bought them just for the sheer novelty of sleeping on plastic bottles, and not expecting them to be comfortable in the least, but as it turns out they're pretty comfy. I've been in the market for some new bed pillows for some time now. I'm quite particular about my sleeping arrangement, and have used the same two pillows for a very long time. They had just gotten to that point of optimum comfort and had molded to my body only to become unbearably lumpy almost immediately, and I haven't slept well since that point. Not only that but their fun for the Earth in a pretentious "hey look at me I buy organic" kind of way! (Which I am and I do)

I hope everyone had an enjoyably green Earth Day today, and I'll try to be a bit more consistent with my posts.

3 comments:

JJB said...

It's not Earth Day, it's Drewby Wants to Sound Cool & Sleep on Bottles Day! I hope the Soldiers & Sailors (Seamen, as I'm sure you called them) weren't too upset when all 200 of yinz walked in late, because even though I don't know for sure if yinz walked in late, it's a good possibility that yinz did. 1, 2, 3 yinzes, beat that!

Elisabeth said...

I forgot all about earth day... Too busy with school work, and not to forget about voting in the PA primary.

Interestingly, a student of mine today pointed out to me that he was wearing a t-shirt made entirely of recycled plastic bottles. Must be the new trend. The t-shirt felt like cotton, actually. But I find it a bit creepy to be wearing a garment made out of plastic bottles. Real cotton sounds much better to me...

Cyclops said...

I sense some solar panels and a Aztec Hybrid in your future.