Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Natalie Merchant And Other Riders

So, I've temporarily/maybe permanently abandoned Travel Tuesdays. It's become arduous and boring for me.



I rocked out on my way to work this morning to the 10,000 Maniacs version of "Peace Train" which I did not know existed. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the band. Partly because they hail from the neighboring town of my hometown. I also discovered Dolly Parton also covered my favorite jam, which I have never heard. Call me a Purist, but nothing compares to Cat's original.

Also, a big YELLOW to my new reader Katie, and an equally large YELLOW to old reader Rasputin.

1 comment:

JJB said...

Jann Arden also covered Peace Train, on a whole album of covers; I kinda like her voice. And apparently Dolly's version "did quite well on the dance circuit courtesy of mixmaster Junior Vasquez" according to this site. Peace Train is not thumpa-thumpa music, don't they know that?