Sunday, February 17, 2008

Freek A Leek

A brief run-down of the weekend that was.

  • I discovered very quickly this weekend, that I can not, in fact, out drink my parents.
  • I also learned the phrase "Fuckle-Up and Drive Safely" will undoubtedly make my aunt laugh every time.
  • I decided this morning to make some vegetable soup. Yeah, I'm not so sure why either. I am cooking with leeks for the first time ever. They looked fun at the grocery store yesterday. Some people impulse buy Kit-Kats. I buy produce.
  • I'm trying to justify why I buy a Sunday paper every weekend, because I never read it thoroughly. I don't even clip the coupons. I think I just want the people at the store to think I'm reading it when I buy it.
  • Yesterday I bought a cashmere sweater for $8. Quite possibly the bargain of the month.
  • This morning, I was awakened by a man in another apartment shrieking. I'm not sure whether to be alarmed, intrigued or concerned. One thing I am sure about though, is that I need to move.
  • One more thing I learned: a shot of Crown Royal and sweet lime juice is actually not as bad as it sounds.
  • I have been burning Nag Champa Gold incense and playing Radiohead CDs practically the entire time I've been in my apartment this weekend. I'm either becoming Indie on the outside, or an emo-stoner. I can't decide which is better.

2 comments:

Cyclops said...

Sounds like quite the weekend, fo sho. Your parents must be pretty good to outdrink you, haha. If you are indeed emo-stoner, it will work out perfectly since I just got some new razorblades and have been looking for someone to share them with! We could become cutting buddies!

Elisabeth said...

I get the Sunday paper every week as well (delivered to my home), but I only read Parade and the TV Guide plus, occasionally the Arts section. Pathetic.