Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mundane Musings

The weekend has come to a close, and it's time to face the reality again of another work week. For me, however, there is a bright spot. Since it's so god dammed cold outside, I have already been informed my school is on a two hour delay. There is nothing like sleeping in an extra couple hours in the morning. Even just a half an hour gives me an extra jump on my day. On that note, my progression alarm clock of which I blogged earlier is working pretty well. The problem is that the alarm at the end of the cycle is usually what wakes me up and not the light, sounds and scents. So, I've been jolted up lately just as with my $2.99 Wal-Mart alarm clock. But, at least the alarm itself is more pleasant than the average.
I bought some pop at the grocery store this afternoon. As a habit I don't drink much pop (or "soda" if you're one of those), but I do like to have some on hand in case I get the craving. Every time I buy the handy "fridge pack" 12-pack that doubles as a can holder in the refrigerator, I can NEVER get it to open properly to hold the cans in the way it was designed. It always rips, and usually royally pisses me off. Does this happen to anyone else, or am I just incompetent?

I broke my favorite coffee mug yesterday for the 3rd time. I'm pretty sure it's time to just let it go and throw it out this time and not try to super glue it again, but I hate to see it go. Is it sad I'm attached to an old drinking vessel?

Have a good Monday!

3 comments:

JJB said...

Good: When the pop fridge pack opens on the perforations, neat & clean.

Better: Jerry-rigging said fridge pack when it doesn't open.

Best: When the 11 remaining cans come rolling out of the fridge a day after said jerry-rigging.

Cyclops said...

Priceless: Reading a comment where Jen-nay uses "jerry-rigging" twice.

Elisabeth said...

I don't drink and buy soda (yes, I am one of those), but if I did by a fridge pack, I would definitely open it the wrong way.

I have a very favorite mug. I never use it, because I'm too afraid of breaking it.