Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Buon Pomeriggio!

Day One of Italian class is complete, and I think it's going to be a success! The class is full of middle aged wealthy people who "Want to learn a few phrases" before their vacations to Tuscany, but I think it will be a good time. There is, as in every class anywhere, the one student I absolutely can not stand who seems to think she knows everything and is much smarter than every person in the room. My favorite moment was when she tried to translate something the teacher said out loud to show off and was wrong. Completely wrong. I couldn't help but giggle like a kid. My friend who is taking the class with me and I have already decided that we are going to be the "bad kids" of the class, and it didn't help that we went for a margarita (or two) beforehand.

I got on Amazon tonight to buy a workbook for the class, and ended up spending 100 bucks impulsively on books I probably don't need. No, definitely don't need. I'm most excited for "Fuck This Book", a collection of photos of signs vandalized with the word "Fuck", and I also bought another book from Post Secret. Jen-nay turned me on to the website/blog and I instantly loved it. I've decided I'm going to start my own collection of the books.

I have more stories to post about a current temporary roommate but don't have the time/energy to post now. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

JJB said...

I've had an itch recently to go on an Amazon spending spree, but have avoided it so far. Hearing about your splurge is making it harder to resist.

Cyclops said...

Italian class should be fun, I'd definitely like to get some Spanish lessons going sometime when things even out. I went to a goodwill yesterday and got this big Tapas of Spain cookbook, I'm going to try some of these recipes, haha. So, who/what? is your secret roommate? Is it the cat that was visiting your porch?

drewby said...

You provide the Tapas, I'll provide the Spanish. Sounds like an even trade to me.