Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Ahh So Soothing

As promised, here is a picture (which is a good candidate for a 'food and finger' picture) of the maiden use of one of my gifts from Jen-nay and Julia;
a lettuce knife (along with some other fun kitchen gadgets and a nice cookbook). I used it this evening to make a semi-homemade meal of lettuce wraps and brown rice with beans.
I found a lettuce wrap filling in the organic section of my grocery store, and decided it try it out. It was quite yum-mo and sort of like the coveted "Soothing Lettuce Wraps" from P.F. Changs! Happy New Year, by the way, to all my readers!

3 comments:

Julia said...

Lettuce wraps! YUM-O! Glad to see ya using that lettuce knife!

JJB said...

look at those dirty nellies! LOVES IT!

Cyclops said...

Hmmm, a lettuce wrap sounds good. Do you usually just make them vegetarian or could you put some kind of meat in the wrap? I'm guessing no meat. Enjoy your new kitchen utensil!