Tuesday, March 25, 2008

On Precocious Salad And Other Rants

There are very few television shows I can honestly say that I'm "into", and usually the ones that I am into I forget are on and miss anyway. (I guess I'm just not that into Amazing Race). But one show I have found myself enthralled with is Medium on NBC. If you haven't seen or heard, the basic premise is Allison DuBois (played by Patrica Arquette) is a Medium who has visions in her dreams that help solve crimes. Doesn't really seem like a story line I'd be that into, but I am. If you can get past the surreal story line, it's a pretty good show. One of my main beefs with the series is the oldest daughter Bridgette, (Played by Maria Lark) who is about as annoying as they come. She's one of those typical child actors who acts about 10 years older than they really are, and uses words and phrases and has the sensibility of that of a middle aged woman. I have yet to figure out if that's the actress herself, the way they want the girl to be portrayed or a mixture of the two. Either way, she's got to go. I actually just voted on a poll last night on whether or not the character should be killed off or removed. Apparently I'm not the only one with the opinion. Not only is the age inappropriate acting grating, but she comes off as arrogant or pretentious. Seems like she got an extra helping of Precocious Salad.

Check out last night's episode below, which is a two parter, to be continued next Monday. (Warning: Annoying commercial before show recap begins)

No comments: