Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Durty Nellies et al

Eat your heart out Jen-nay, I made my own Guamalee yesterday. (Please note the intentional placement of durty nellies just for you). As I was browsing the produce section of the grocery store yesterday (which is my favorite part of grocery shopping) I decided to make guacamole on a complete whim. And I must say, it turned out flawless.

In other food news, my flour tortilla package recommends that if you have children who are partiularly picky eaters, you should try this delicious recipie: "Hot Corned Beef Roll-Ups with lettuce and spicy dressing". What planet did the marketing staff and kitchen gurus at Azteca flour tortilla company come from? That, to me, sounds like the most ridiculous item to make for a picky eater. No thanks Azteca.

I'm also waiting with baited breath for the season premier of Top Chef on Bravo. As the countdown on the right hand corner of my screen winds down, Bravo is re-airing the season finale of Project Runway, which is a show I mistakenly got sucked into. Mainly because they show re-runs of it constantly and I always stop when there is nothing else on. I guess you could call it one of my guilty pleasures. I secretly love it when Heidi Klum says "Auf Wiedersehen". I did, however, find the winner Christian incredibly annoying. Just a little too flamboyant and over the top for me (can you believe it?).

1 comment:

JJB said...

I forgot to remind you to watch Top Chef, so I'm soo happy you remembered on your own. My TV is tuned to Bravo right now, but I'm also DVRing because I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stay awake. If you like the show, I'll have to clue you in on all of the blogs I read Thursday morning to relive the episode. (DORK!)

My feelings on Project Runway Christian are mixed. Sometimes loved him, sometimes hated him. He & Chris played well off of each other. Your thoughts on Chris's use of human air?

Personally I thought it was about as appealing as hot corned beef in a flour tortilla.

Bring me some guamalee soon!