Monday, May 19, 2008

On Guamalee Salad And Other Rants

I've been out of the blogging mode for quite some time, and have had a rather hot-cold relationship with the Peace Train as of late. Perhaps it's my social schedule that is keeping me from the blog or perhaps my lethargic and empathetic attitude toward just about everything except procrastination and alcohol. Either way, I need to snap out of it, and fast. I've decided to start yet another photo segment to my blog. I will be posting the first picture that appears on a Google image search to a word that sticks in my head or funny phrase. (Please feel free to contribute search ideas). I think these posts my prove to be quite interesting.

On a side note, on my way home from work everyday I pass an electronic announcement billboard which is placed there to alert of any upcoming roadwork or detours. However, as everyone in, near or remotely associated with the city is suffering from a Penguins victory hangover, the sign reads today "LET'S GO PEN'S!". This grammatical error magnified to 10 feet of flashing LCD lights is about to peak my annoyance meter. If it's not fixed by mid-week I'm calling PenDot.

The Jackson Cookout extravaganza was again a smashing sucess, replete with the surprise appearance of a man who was my roommate my sophomore year of high school in a summer camp. Youth Scholars Camp to be exact (insert "NEEERD" comment here Jen-nay). I had not seen this guy since then, and am actually quite surprised I made the connection enough to remember that we were in fact acquaintances.

Things I learned at the cookout:

  • Pre-packaged hamburger patties contain beef hearts.
  • In an underground version of "Friend/Fondle/Fuck/Watersports" I get watersports every time.
  • Everyone in China has a name that ends in "N". (No formal evidence to back this one up yet.)
  • Moms can still get down. (I plan on eating poppies with Mrs. J to get a buzz)
  • Ina Garten's recipes are perfect for easy-breezy East Hampton dinner parties AND keg parties.
  • Don't wear Magenta. Ever.
  • The difference between "STOOOORIIIES!" and "stoories = ( "

2 comments:

JJB said...

I love your knowledge list; I forgot about the poppies. I agree, but I think I missed the in-depth conversations about magenta. I left the concept of pockmarks alone in my blog, just couldn't go there. And I didn't know how to broach the subject of randy-blue t-shirts.

I can't wait for the google image posts!

Cyclops said...

That guy in the magenta shirt could ball, man. I'll never judge a book by its cover again but I did want to ask him what it was like doing lines of coke at Studio 54.