Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Just when you thought all reality TV was scripted and you couldn't relate to the cast, MTV cranks out yet another teenage show stopper that has The Hills spitting out their chai lattes in disgust. The Paper, which I had the distinct pleasure of stumbling upon this evening, follows the life of a group of high school students, Cypress Bay high school students to be exact, through the twists, turns and perils of writing for a school newspaper. I ended up watching the entire episode, which I guess speaks volumes of my social life, and was disgusted yet sickly fascinated at the same time. Granted, I'm surely not the target audience for such a stomach turning program, but I mean really, MTV. Haven't we learned our lesson with "A Shot At Love With Tila Tequila"? The program includes, of course, the nerd, the jock, the indie girl, the awkward kid and the token gay guy. Don't everyday teenagers have enough drama already? The juicy plot line of the episode I was fortunate to catch was, and I quote, "Mrs. Weiss shakes up the seating arrangements in hopes it will bring harmony to the paper." I leave you with that.



No comments: