Monday, September 3, 2007

Karma Police

Well the holiday weekend is winding down, which means back to work tomorrow. My weekend was enjoyable yet uneventful, as most time spent at my parents is. I did survive my cousin's wedding on Saturday, which turned out to be one hell of a time; while it lasted. I found it INSANELY annoying that the wedding and reception were approximately 1.5 hours away from each other. The ceremony was quick, and it was off to the party. A very casual affair with an open bar (my favorite) I wasted no time, and was drunk in about 2 hours. It also helps to have a fun family that drinks. By the end of the evening I was slurring my speech and jitterbugging with my sister. And that's about all I remember. My one peeve about the evening: Lights on-everyone out at 10 PM! I was just getting started. But perhaps it's better. After seeing the shape of everyone there, I think if it lasted all night, we would have ended up in the hospital.

Sunday morning I woke up with a headache and headed out with a friend to Lily Dale Assembly which is about 45 minutes from my parents house. Lily Dale is the largest Spiritualist community in the country. People like John Edwards (the psychic, not the homophobe presidential candidate) and Sylvia Brown give lectures there. It is a gated community of mediums, psychics and Spiritualists with a pretty interesting vibe. I don't really believe in psychics or Spiritualism for that matter, but I have always wanted to check this place out, as I have lived in the area all my life and never been there. Since Sunday was the last day of the season, things were pretty quiet, and I didn't even go to a personal reading; something I regret now, but still can't warrant shelling out the 60 bucks to do it. I'm planning to make another trip up there next summer when I can organize and coordinate it a little better. The day wasn't a complete loss, since it was beautiful out and it is a very charming community to stroll around in.

My weekend concluded with a family picnic at my parents house today, and the 3 hour hike back home. Stay tuned for Travel Tuesday and more rants!

2 comments:

JJB said...

include me in the trip next summer. we can save up the $60 & then blog it. ok thanks.

Anonymous said...

Count me in!!