Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I don't have anything particularly exciting or interesting to say today, but I plan on celebrating USA Week with Jen-nay and all my other single and happy friends!

I am sitting here watching the series premier of Kid Nation. Something which Jen-nay had blogged earlier which blew my mind. And 40 minutes into the first show, I have run a full gambit of emotions. It's pretty annoying and painful, and in fact I turned it after the first 20 minutes, because I couldn't take it anymore, but I turned it back. Partly because there is nothing else on, and partly because it's much like an accident from which you just can't look away. The kids are bratty, clueless, annoying, too big for their britches and funny. All at the same time; and the kids seem a bit too prompted or scripted. I think another turn off of this show for me is the fact that it reminds me too much of my work. I can't quite decide how I feel about this show, but I have an idea that it will not become part of my weekly Hump Day routine.

3 comments:

JJB said...

I DVRed Kid Nation, because I was watching the premiere of America's Next Top Model (two stellar examples of what TV can do for society, I'm sure), so I'll weigh in with my opinions after I watch it. I think this will likely be one of those love to hate/hate to love shows for me.

Thanks for the shout-outs, two of them!

Anonymous said...

Funny you should bring up Kid Nation because Colby and I were just talking about that yesterday! I am just delighted it's FINALLY on. Every time CBS advertised it a million times a day I wanted to punch someone in the face! I wonder what a 10 year old does with 20 thousand dollars?
I, like Jen-nay watched the ever so wonderful show America's Next Top Model! Now that is a show with class. ;o) You got a exotic dancer, a girl with mild autism, skinny bitches in bikinis, black attitudes, etc. Can it get any better? Yep, I didn't think so. Ok, thanks! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Jen-nay - what's the address to your blog?