Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Travel Tuesday

Today's Travel Tuesday destination is someplace I've wanted to visit for a very long time; Machu Piccu
Although I've been to South America twice, I've never been able to make it into Peru to visit the ancient Inca city ruins. I've always found South America fascinating, especially ancient civilizations, and fell in love with it when I was there studying. Several friends and I are trying to plan a trip to Machu Piccu this coming summer, but it seems I don't quite make enough money for that right now! I did see in last month's Men's Journal a little snippet from wildland.com about an 11-day trip hiking along the Inca Trail, but you stay in lodges with fireplaces and Jacuzzis. (MY kind of hiking) All to the tune of about 4 grand. Although I would love to do the hike, I think I'm going to have to do it the old fashioned hippie way, with a pack on my back and granola in my hand.

No comments: